Garcinia Cambogia Uses
The Garcinia Cambogia fruit is found naturally in Southeast Asia, some parts of Africa and in Southern India. This fruit has been an important part of traditional medicine for centuries and is credited with several health benefits.
Many and varied studies have proven that the fruit contains high levels of anti-oxidants. What has brought it to mainstream focus, however, is the Hydroxycitric Acid, found to be useful for promoting the loss of weight.
What Garcinia Cambogia Is Used For
Those using it to help them lose weight say that it is a very good appetite suppressant, that it revs up the metabolism, stops fat accumulating and helps to target dangerous belly fat.
It is also traditionally known to help with the following:
- Upset stomach
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High levels of LDL Cholesterol
Garcinia Cambogia’s Benefits
At the moment, the fruit has really mainly only been studied for its effects in terms of weight loss – the health benefits have largely been ignored. There is still, however, some proof that it does benefit health and well-being. Here is what some of the studies that have been done have to say:
- It is thought that Garcinia Cambogia may help in protecting against the development of obesity. A study in 2005, for example, proved that the supplement helps to prevent the accumulation of fat in rodents. Another study conducted in 2008 discovered that it helped to prevent the accumulation of abdominal fat in rodents. (This type of fat is particularly dangerous when it comes to increasing the risk of developing severe health problems like Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease.)
- A study also conducted in 2008 led to the discovery that, when taken along with Glucomannan, G. Cambogia could show cholesterol lowering benefits. This study has 58 participants with one group taking a placebo and one group taking the Garcinia/ Glucomannan combination over a 3 month period. When the results were totaled, those taking the combination had much better levels of cholesterol.
- It should be noted that this study is not conclusive in terms of the Cambogia extract as it was taken in conjunction with something else. The participants also did not find that this combination helped them to lose weight.
- A study conducted in 2003 showed encouraging results when it came to getting diabetes under control as the G. Cambogia seemed to assist with improving the metabolism of the blood sugar.
- Though not yet confirmed in humans, animal trials conducted in 2002 have shown promising results when it come to the treatment of ulcers. The Garcinia extract reduces the overall stomach acidity levels and so could help with ulcers.
Is It Safe?
At this point, there has not been enough research into the extract to say for certain but it does appear that it has no dangerous side effects in the short term at least. Anecdotal evidence suggests that using it may lead to an upset stomach, headaches and nausea. It is thus advised that you start taking the absolute minimum dosage and work your way up. If you do experience intense negative side effects, you should stop using the product.
Is There Another Option?
There are other studies that advise the use of different natural supplements to help you lose weight. It has recently been shown that increasing your consumption of green tea and making sure that you get the right amount of Vitamin D could be beneficial when it comes to weight loss. Studies have also shown that practicing exercise types that also engage the mind, such as Tai Chi and Yoga can also be invaluable when it comes to losing weight.
Where You Can Get Garcinia Cambogia
There is no difficulty in sourcing this product – check at your local drug or health store or online.
|Garcinia Cambogia Premium||GHI Garcinia Cambogia Review||Miracle Garcinia Cambogia||Pure Nutrition Labs Garcinia Cambogia Complex||Pro-Nutra Garcinia Cambogia|
|Price (1 bottle)
Price (6 bottles) Best Value
|Speed of Results||Extremely Fast||Good||Good||Average||Slow|
|Quality of Ingredients||Premium||Good||Average||Average||Average|
|Customer Satisfaction Evaluation||99.0%||78.0%||75.0%||66.9%||60.4%|
|Safety Evalutation||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use|
|Customer Service Rating|
|Return Policy||Risk Free||Risk Free||Unclear||Unclear||Unopened Only|